I’ve finally decided to participate in the Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is Top 10 Books I Will Probably Never Read.
These are in no particular order:
- 50 Shades of Grey (or any of the sequels) – I couldn’t get through the Twilight series and I have no interest in the fanfiction. I’ve watched enough readings on YouTube to know that I won’t enjoy these books.
- Dracula – technically I started this book years ago and didn’t get very far. It was just too boring and I don’t think I’ll ever give it another shot.
- Anna Karenina – another classic that I don’t think I’ll enjoy, it seems too long and overly detailed for me.
- Anything written by Richelle Mead – I read the first Vampire Academy book and simply wasn’t impressed with her writing. I didn’t pick up on anything that made me want to give her a second chance.
- If I Stay – It seems this book had a lot of hype when it came out, but I have a feeling I’ll just think it’s another cliché YA romance.
- The Five People You Meet In Heaven – I’m simply not interested in the subject matter.
- The City of Bones – I read the prequel, I believe, Clockwork Angel? Clare’s writing did nothing for me and it was too predictable for me to want to give her main series a shot.
- The Notebook – this movie had me rolling my eyes so badly I thought I might have a seizure. I know books are typically better than their film counterparts, but romance just isn’t my genre.
- The Casual Vacancy – sure, Harry Potter was a great series, but I’m not a diehard J.K. fan and I have no interest in reading her other work.
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo – Another book with great reviews that I just don’t see myself giving a chance.
How about you? Do we agree on anything? Or, if you have any compelling reasons why any of these should be added to my (400+) TBR, I’m willing to listen!